Wednesday, March 26, 2008

First Impressions, Definitely Don’t Do These

I found this really good site which lists twenty things you should do if you want to ruin a first impression.

  • Interrupting repeatedly
  • Dominating the conversation
  • Inconsistent eye contact
  • Standing too close, invading "personal space"
  • Taking a cell phone call or even letting it ring
  • Chewing anything, unless you're at a luncheon
  • Arriving late
  • Being longwinded
  • Risky humour
  • Wrinkled clothing
  • Checking your watch frequently
  • Not listening, missing key points
  • Poor table manners
  • Boasting (I call it "I" disease)
  • Looking and sounding bored
  • Complaining about anything
  • Distracting noises, such as tapping on a table
  • Notebook or briefcase needing replacement
  • Power Point that won't work
  • Cluttered office when someone visits you

We all know people that do these things, aren’t they so annoying! At least I know it’s not just me that finds these people irritating. The site is worth checking out if you are in an organization where you need to be involved in interpersonal interactions.

Growth and Leadership


0 comments:

Anita Seery's Passions Inspired

My photo
Meekatharra, Western Australia, Australia
Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you take the time to add your thoughts to it and inspire me some more. I hope also that you can find some inspiration from what i have to say. I am always asking people to tell me their dreams, often in hearing what other people want from life we can expand our own boundaries and achieve more than what we had ever wished for in life.