Thursday, March 27, 2008

Developing Art Networks Online

Yesterday I had a visit from Julia, a student from University of Western Australia

Talking with Julia made me realize I could be doing so much more with my art than I currently am. Over summer my air conditioner broke down and so I couldn’t do any art in my house as it was just too hot.

For those people who don’t know where Meekatharra is, we had over 45 degrees Celsius for weeks on end and the months each side weren’t much better as we thought any day less than 35degrees c was a ool change!

So I focused my energy on my garden during the nights and did my studying and computing at night as my comp was overheating badly! My poor little fish were running at 34 degrees Celsius and I lost one big fish that was really disappointing.

Anyway incredibly off track!!! Julia got me thinking that I could be doing a whole lot more arty networking on the net, I have one month left to go on three courses I’m currently studying so when they are finished I will put some effort into developing some online art resources based from Meekatharra.

Meekatharra has a huge underground art community and I guess for travelers you wouldn’t come across it just passing through, so I can put in some effort and get our art out there as well as bringing some attention to artists who came before.

Here is a link to Julia’s UWA page.

Julia Anwar McHenry

Also for those people who are interested, I strongly recommend you make contact with Julia as her network of resources is huge and I’m sure she’d love to hear from you.

I will let you all know when i have done something with art online :)

1 comments:

JAM said...

thanks for that Anita :)

I appreciate your kind words and am happily surprised that my visit was inspiring.

I will keep in touch and look forward to another visit to your amazing pad in Meeka.

All the best,
Julia

Anita Seery's Passions Inspired

My photo
Meekatharra, Western Australia, Australia
Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you take the time to add your thoughts to it and inspire me some more. I hope also that you can find some inspiration from what i have to say. I am always asking people to tell me their dreams, often in hearing what other people want from life we can expand our own boundaries and achieve more than what we had ever wished for in life.