Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Keep Your Goals To Yourself!

I had a really good day today; I achieved a lot of my daily goals which left me feeling proud of myself. Then I went to see my parents and Dad started sharing his negatives about his work.

Over the years I’ve become used to blocking them out, ignoring them and even thinking about something completely different while he talks

Today we got onto the subject of a new venture I am making and what arrangements I will need to do to make it work. He automatically started fidgeting and cleaning up the table. I could see this dark cloud forming around his head.

I don’t know why it is so difficult for him to support me, it’s as though his own fears have to become true for me! That’s when I lose all respect for him and don’t want to be near him, and then I have to leave talking with my mother for another occasion when he’s not around.

As soon as I get up to leave he apologizes for being negative and tries to make jokes, this just makes me dislike him even more.

I guess that’s why they suggest that you never tell anyone else your goals because they don’t have the same mental ability of making things happen as you. I remembered this saying, “evolve or die” I told that to dad and said it was fine that he remains Jurassic!

So there people, I’ve been wondering what I could possibly write today that might help someone else out. Keep your goals to yourself!

Except of course you can tell me your goals and dreams here, because I listen, and I believe that anything is possible! I am trying to teach myself French by saying things in French to my mother who used to know it, she corrects my pronunciations.

I’m sure the thought of me going off to France by myself scares her but it’s not going to stop me from going because it’s my goal and I believe in myself!

Don’t forget to check out my website and tell me what you think of it! www.passionsinspired.com

0 comments:

Anita Seery's Passions Inspired

My photo
Meekatharra, Western Australia, Australia
Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you take the time to add your thoughts to it and inspire me some more. I hope also that you can find some inspiration from what i have to say. I am always asking people to tell me their dreams, often in hearing what other people want from life we can expand our own boundaries and achieve more than what we had ever wished for in life.